There are a variety of materials available for use in today’s custom cabinets, from traditional face frame cabinets such as kitchen cabinets to bathroom cabinets, to European contemporary cabinets. Carpenter’s Cabinets designs, builds, and installs products that are professional quality inside and out, which means beautiful finishes and durable materials.
Our cabinets are custom made each step of the way, and this includes a variety of finishing options to choose from. For kitchen cabinets, we recommend a conversion varnish, which is the hardest and most durable finish, and capable of resisting water and oil. For furniture style pieces such as custom entertainment centers where water is not an issue, we use pre-catalyzed lacquer, which provides an excellent and durable furniture style finish.
Both of these are finish coats that are applied over surfaces that have already been stained and glazed. All of our finishes are one of a kind, custom designed specifically for each customer. And of course, we can also match almost any finish you already have.
Listed below are some of the materials and hardware that we use to build our cabinets:
Our typical construction methods use ¾” white melamine for your cabinet interiors. We also offer many other types of material, including:
– ¾” Melamine available in many different wood finishes
– ¾” Maple plywood with a clear finish
– ¾” Composite core material in standard wood species (Alder, Maple, White and Red Oak, Cherry, and many more)
– ¾” Composite core material in exotic wood species (Wenge, Teak, Zebra Wood, and many more)
- Baltic Birch plywood
- Solid Maple
- Solid Oak
- Solids (Cherry, Alder, Maple, White Oak, Red Oak, Fir, Pine, Hickory, many more)
- Veneer Slabs (Cherry, Alder, Maple, White Oak, Red Oak, Fir, Pine, Hickory, many more)
- Solid raised panel
- Solid framed doors with a recessed panel
- Flat slab doors
- Blum concealed hinges available with soft close
- Blum Tandem full extension under mount drawer guides with soft close
- Accuride full extension guides for office type use
- Rev-a-Shelf trash pullouts
- Rev-a-Shelf pantry pullouts
- Many other types of functional interior items